Page 1, Transcription and music for You Lan
Footnote (Shorthand references are explained on a
Typed version and further links
Regarding the linked recordings,
indicate the dates the recordings were made. As for the above transcription,
- The pdf copy has a cover page so the number at the bottom of the page is one greater than at the top of the page.
- Underlined numbers, such as 1, added above the staves are at the beginning of phrases marked in the original score by the characters "一句" (i.e., without numbers) at the end of that phrase; these are indicated in the typed version, below, by bracketed Chinese numbers at the beginning of the corresponding line, for example:（五）.
- Underlined numbers, such as 6.a. (i.e. they also have a letter) mark my personal understanding of further phrasing: the original score had no phrase ending here; these are indicated in the typed version, below, by empty brackets at the beginning of the corresponding line, for example:（
- Underlined asterisks, such as *, similarly mark the beginning of phrases that had no direct phrase indication in the original.
- Underlined three-digit numbers, such as 035, added below the staves are measure numbers that correspond with the boxed numbers at the beginning of all but the first line of the score. These usually refer to similar passages elsewhere in the score; these numbers are also used for further explanations under Mode and Structure, in particular that page's section on Overall structure.
- The Finger technique explanations tend to be linked to the typed score by numbers such as I/2, meaning Movement 1, Section 2. To search for such explanations, mark of the original from the typed score below then search for it among the explanations.
（第一段，甲; compare the
original You Lan manuscript)
（一）耶臥中指 ⼎卞4 半寸許案商，食指、中指雙牽宮商。中指急下与拘俱下5